1. Is the rental fee negotiable?
Usually yes. Approximately 10% can be negotiated from the original asking price. The start of lease, duration of the lease period can also affect the negotiation.
2. What does the rental fee include?
It includes the net rental fee, the net running costs (Betriebskosten) and all the taxes. The common cost usually includes the following fees: garbage disposal, cleaning of the common areas, maintenance of the elevator, lightning of the common areas of the house, (gardener).
3. Are there any additional costs to the rent?
Yes. Utility fees, such as gas, heating, hot water, electricity, Internet, telephone, TV service charges are not included in the rental fee.
4. Can these costs be included in the rent?
In some cases yes, the costs will be added to the rent. Please note, that because of the tax issues not all the owners will accept such payment.
5. How much is the security deposit?
There is no statutory regulation about the amount of deposit. The owners can decide between 3-6 times the monthly rental fee, however usually the deposit amounts 3 months rental fee.
6. In case I'm relocated before the expiry of the lease, is there any possibility to terminate the contract?
Yes. Usually we include a ‘company/diplomatic clause’ in the lease agreement, which ensures that you can terminate the lease contract in case of unexpected relocation because of provable professional reasons.