LuxuryWithin Innere Stradt (1st district) are the high-end international chains (Prada, Cartier, Chanel) and local shops. Find them on the streets in Graben and Kohlmarkt.
In the Dorotheum auction house and streets surrounding it: Period and contemporary European art, antiques
Along Karntner Strasse and Mariahilfer Strasse: primarily High Street & chain stores
Innere Stradt Hoher Markt, Bauernmarkt: designer fashion and small boutiques with locally designed clothes
Outside center: Mariahilf and Neubau- particularly Neubaugasse and Westbahnstrasse and Josefstadter Strasse – quirkry one-offs and interesting boutiques.
English books:British bookshop, 01 Weihburggasse 24, 9:30a – 6:30 pm Mon-Fri, 9:30 am – 6 pm Sat
DecorWoka – Find Bauhaus and Art deco design in this lamp store
Singerstrasse 16, 10a – 6p Mon-Fri, 10a – 5p Saturday
Neinl am GrabenPrestigious Vienna food provider with food from all over Europe. Chocolates, cheese, cold meats, wines and liquors. Wine bar and restaurant in the cellar.
Store: 8a – 7:30p Mon-wed
8a – 8p Thurs-Fri,
9a – 6 p Sat
- Naschmarkt: 500m of meats, fruits, vegetables, spices, wines, cheese, olives, and kebab and falafel stands. It is divided into Linke Wienzeile and Rechte Wienzeile. Behind this market is Flohmarkt, with antiques and other items.
- Brunnemarkt: Primarily fruits and vegetables, some clothing, Brunnengasse 16
- Flohmarkt: a huge flea market filled on Saturdays
- Karmelitermarkt: Im Werd, Butchers with kosher meats, fruits and vegetables, in a picturesque square
- Freyungmarkt: A quiet market selling organic farmers' produce
- Merkur: Large, clean and well stocked with top quality food
- Billa: Good value though some of the stores could do with a facelift
- Spar: "Interspar” is the large version, "Eurospar” the next version down and "Spar” is the smallest. You'll also find "Gourmet Spar”, which is more upmarket in its selection and presentation.
- Hofer: Owned by Germany's Aldi and similar in style.
- Ringstrassen Gallerien: Well known for its luxurious boutiques, souvenir shops and food stores
- Generali-Center: Vienna's biggest shopping centre
- Gerngross: Fashion boutiques compete with electronic stores, restaurants and cafes in this popular mall
- Lugner City: Has a treasure trove of big fashion labels like Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Ralph Lauren etc.
- Steffl: An impressive mall on the famous Karnter Strasse. Has interesting boutiques, cafes and a nice rooftop restaurant
Home Furnishings:IKEA: In the 22nd district.
Einrichtungshaus Wien Nord
Get there by public transport:
U1 to Kagranerplatz -> Bus 24A
S8 to station Breitenleerstrasse
5 mins walk to store
High end furniture in the city center
Parkring 20, 1010 Wien, Österreich - 01 5134260
Children's Entertainment:Schönbrunn Zoo - The "oldest zoo in the world" ; the Schönbrunn Zoo is more than 250 years old.
1130 Wien, Austria
Spanish Riding School & Lipizzaner Museum
See the famous Lippizzaner white horses. Reserve for a show months in advance or buy tickets to watch a training session or workout. Combined ticket to museum and a training session is 15 Euro for adults, 9 Euro for children.
Go to the top of the Danube Tower. Check the website for events like "Full Moon Night”
Daily 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
Last ascent at 10.30 pm
Children (6 to 14 years) 4.30 euro, adults 5.90 euro
22., Donauturmstraße 4
Parks and Recreation:Prater Island – 2nd district
Donauinsel – artificial island in the Danube used for biking, rollerblading, jogging.